The Sharing Turbine design project is based on the augmentation of digital resources to working and learning tasks for apprentices in the construction industry in Germany. These tasks are presently accessed and recorded through compiled a White Folder comprises of paper based documents, to be completed by hand. The present format does not allow for exploitation of media such as audio, video and, photo.
Sharing Turbine aims to develop a digital toolbox allowing better access to a range of different learning resources and the ability to record multimedia information. The use of digital media should better support personalised learning for apprentices with different learning needs and enhance the ability of trainers to provide feedback to apprentices. As well as recording learning, Learning Toolbox is intended as a shared knowledge resource, linking together formal and informal learning in different contexts, including the training centre, the vocational schools and the workplace. Formal training can be enhanced by informal practice based learning in the workplace, whilst at the same time it provides a tool for transferring learning and knowledge form the training centre to the workplace.
Learning Toolbox is envisaged as an integration application that would bring together multiple Layers applications and services under a single umbrella app.
Learning Toolbox is being developed as a mobile work based learning aid. It has three key objectives:
The development process is taking place through eight steps with iterative feedback loops, constant contact with meisters have been kept to update any UI updates that are taking place.
- To augment and enhance a paper based system with digital media and information in a way that is easily accessible.
- To allow for sharing of media and ideas through a digital platform.
- To further research the theory and practice of developing mobile applications for work based and informal learning
- To practically explore the pedagogic processes which can be supported through mobile learning.
Long term goal:
Creating a modular application system
The development team includes BauABC, PontyDysgu, CIMNE, ITB, Raycom, LTDF.
For more information contact Graham Attwell – graham10 @ mac.com.
- Identification of use cases
- Creation of user story’s
- User design workshops including managers, Meisters and apprentices to agree initial design ideas and restraints
- Extrapolation of requirements from user story’s
- Production of wireframes
- Coding of wireframes using responsive design
- Feedback on wireframes
- Production of back end applications
- Testing of prototype app
- 15 April, 2014 @ 13:24 [Current Revision] by Owen Gray
- 16 April, 2014 @ 1:29 [Autosave] by Owen Gray
- 15 April, 2014 @ 13:24 by Owen Gray
There are no differences between the 15 April, 2014 @ 13:24 revision and the current revision. (Maybe only post meta information was changed.)